Low Iron Toughened Glass
Low iron toughened glass is an extra clear glass which is valued for its attractive appearance and optical qualities. The low iron content produces a higher light transmittance and a reduced green tint inherent in other glasses thus making it perfect for when painting for use as a glass splashback.
Low iron toughened glass is an interior glass that is available in 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm and 19mm and is designed for applications where its unique appearance and optical qualities are of particular advantage such as:
- Display cabinets
- Glass furniture
- Table tops, bars and desk tops
- Shower screens
- Kitchen splashback
- Excellent clarity ensures true colours are seen and optimum vision quality is achieved when looking through the glass. Low iron glass is more than 91% visible light transmittance and therefore will make displays clear so that the appearance of the exhibit can be fully represented. The greenish tint that glass cabinets usually carry is not visible with low iron toughened glass
- Low iron glass maintains an incredibly high level of transmittance, estimated to be at over 91.5%.Low Iron glass is also known for being much less likely to self-temper. The reasons being that low iron toughened glass has a more uniform composition with less impurities
- Offers a high level of light transmittance
- Creates maximum light inside rooms due to the products high level of transparency
- Particularly beneficial for thicker laminated products, affording a high level of transparency
- The edges of the glass remain clear, unlike other glass making it ideal for use in furniture.