Fire Rated Glass
Here at Express Toughening Ltd we offer two different types of fire rated glass, also know as fire safety glass:
- 7.2mm Pyroguard – EW 30 minutes
- 7.2mm Georgian Wire Polish Plate – EW 30 minutes
Pyroguard EW30 Impact is perfect for indoor and outdoor use. It’s large sheet size and double sided fire resistance can be cut to size making it a cost effective solution – suitable for both steel and timber applications.
Georgian Wire Polished Plate Glass is tested and assessed as a 30 minute integrity fire resistant glass. Also known as Pilkington Pyroshield it is the market leading wired glass for fire-resistance and has been tried and tested in doors, partitions and windows in a wide range of buildings from schools to offices – available in 7.2mm
- The wire provides a visual sign that fire-resistant glass is present
- Enables fire hazards to be seen
- Achieves up to 120 minutes integrity only in monolithic form when installed in suitable glazing systems
- The Safety versions are ideal for use in applications subject to impact resistance regulations such as B of the Building Regulations (for England and Wales).
- If hit with sufficient force the glass cracks but the glass remains held in place by the wire, reducing the risk of injury.
- Ideal for overhead glazing