Fire Rated Glass
Here at Express Toughening Ltd we offer three different types of fire rated glass, also know as fire safety glass:
- 7mm FIRESWISS COOL 30/7 laminated fire resistant glass – EW 30 minutes
- 6.8mm Georgian Wire Cast – EW 30 minutes
- 7.2mm Georgian Wire Polish Plate – EW 30 minutes
FIRESWISS COOL laminate glass protects against fire and smoke at reduced radiation heat. This type of fire rated glass can be used in both
timber or steel frames.
Georgian Wire Cast Glass is a fire rated glass with an obscure pattern which contains steel mesh embedded into the glass. The wire offers additional security when utilised in partitions, windows and fire doors and the obscure pattern offers additional privacy. This product is available in 6.8mm thickness only.
Georgian Wire Polished Plate Glass is tested and assessed as a 30 minute integrity fire resistant glass. Also known as Pilkington Pyroshield it is the market leading wired glass for fire-resistance and has been tried and tested in doors, partitions and windows in a wide range of buildings from schools to offices – available in 7.2mm
- The wire provides a visual sign that fire-resistant glass is present
- Enables fire hazards to be seen
- Achieves up to 120 minutes integrity only in monolithic form when installed in suitable glazing systems
- The Safety versions are ideal for use in applications subject to impact resistance regulations such as B of the Building Regulations (for England and Wales).
- If hit with sufficient force the glass cracks but the glass remains held in place by the wire, reducing the risk of injury.
- Ideal for overhead glazing